AA Sky Ball 2018
October 27, 2018
The Fort Worth Airpower Council (FWAPC) dates back to 1958 when General Curtis LeMay and Frank Kent, a local businessman, started the FWAPC supporting Carswell Air Force Base in Fort Worth, Texas.
The FWAPC developed over the years as a 200-member organization and, in 1999 the Fort Worth Airpower Council created the Airpower Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit foundation to raise money in support of our military and their families.
Over the past four years Sky Ball has raised more than $4.5 million dollars. This has allowed the APF to contribute to many projects that directly support members of all branches of our military and their families through various contingency funds at the Naval Air Station, Fort Worth, Joint Reserve Base and other programs. Also funded by Sky Ball proceeds are:
- Heroes on the Water, helping veterans heal through fellowship and fishing.
- Freedom Flight, taking heroes of the Greatest Generation, our WWII Veterans, to visit their Memorial in Washington D.C.
- Wounded Warriors Veteran’s Day Weekend in Las Vegas
- Snowball Express, helping children of our fallen military heal and make new memories.
- Gary Sinise Foundation, Building homes for our nations most severely wounded veterans.
- Many other programs and causes in direct support of military families.